Wetherell Internet Privacy and Cookies Policy
At Wetherell we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We gather/use and keep personal data in line with the Data Protection Act 1989 and all relevant regulations.
Information we may collect from you
In running and maintaining our website we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information about your use of our site including details of your visits such as pages viewed and the resources that you access. Such information includes traffic data, location data and other communication data.
- Information provided voluntarily by you. For example, when you register for information, fill in a form or make a purchase.
- Information that you provide when you communicate with us by any means.
Like many other Web sites, wetherell.co.uk makes use of log files. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, type of browser, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, and number of clicks to analyze trends, administer the site, track user’s movement around the site, and gather demographic information. IP addresses, and other such information are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable.
- Strictly necessary cookies which let you move around the website and use secure features, such as shopping carts. Without these cookies, services you have asked for cannot be provided. These cookies do not gather information that could be used for marketing or remember where you have been on the Internet.
- You can adjust the settings on your computer to decline any cookies if you wish. This can be done within the “settings” section of your computer. To learn more about cookies, how they are used, how to see what cookies have been set, and how to delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
DoubleClick DART Cookie
- Google’s use of the DART cookie enables it to serve ads to users based on their visit to wetherell.co.uk and other sites on the Internet.
How we use your personal data
We use the information that we collect from you to provide our services to you. In addition to this we may use the information for one or more of the following purposes:
- To provide information to you that you request from us relating to our products or services.
- To provide information to you relating to other products that may be of interest to you. Such additional information will only be provided where you have consented to receive such information.
- To inform you of any changes to our website, services or goods and products.
If you have previously purchased goods or services from us we may provide to you details of similar goods or services, or other goods and services, that you may be interested in.
We never give your details to third parties to use your data to enable them to provide you with information regarding unrelated goods or services.
Storing Your Personal Data
In operating our website it may become necessary to transfer data that we collect from you to locations outside of the European Union for processing and storing. By providing your personal data to us, you agree to this transfer, storing and processing. We do our utmost to ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to make sure that your data is stored securely.
Unfortunately the sending of information via the internet is not totally secure and on occasion such information can be intercepted. We cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send us electronically, sending such information is entirely at your own risk.
Confidentiality and security
We acknowledge that the information you provide may be confidential. We will maintain the confidentiality of and protect your information in accordance with our normal procedures and all applicable laws.
Disclosing Your Information
- In the event that we sell any or all of our business to the buyer.
- Where we are legally required by law to disclose your personal information.
- To further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud.
We have a legal obligation to ensure that your personal data is kept accurate and up to date. Please assist us to comply with this obligation by ensuring that you inform us of any changes to your personal data. You have the right to request details of the personal data we hold about you and to delete or rectify any inaccurate information about you by sending us a written request to us.
Third Party Links
Please do not hesitate to contact us regarding any matter relating to this Privacy and Cookies Policy via email at [email protected]
Updated: September 2014