The new 2017 £1 coin replaces the 1983 coin that has dropped to today’s comparable value of only 32p. Thankfully the same model of depreciation / inflation does not relate to Mayfair property!
“Heads I win and tails you lose” ?
A 1983 sale of a 1st floor 3 bedroom apartment in Mount Street for £300,000 would now be worth over £6M.
However in a market hampered by reduced turnover with a knock on effect of greater supply – the question posed – “Is now the time to buy?”
The Wetherell philosophy is “Don’t wait to buy in Mayfair – Just buy in Mayfair and wait – because the best is yet to come.”
If you buy into the Wetherell Vision you are also buying into the Mayfair Value.
However Wetherell believe that with a greater supply the fundamentals of “best and the rest” must be adopted
WETHERELL TOP TEN BUYING TIPS
1. Location – Best area / Best Street / Best Address
2. Situation – If in a multiple unit building go for the best floor
3. Aspect – Outlook/ Light/ Bright/ Quiet/ View
4. Amenities – Outside space / Garden / Porterage / Services / Lift
5. Accommodation – Unmodernised for possible growth / Immaculate for lifestyle choice
6. Running Charges – affects investment values – future inflation on escalating charges
7. Size – Better a large 2 bedroom than a small 3 bedroom
8. Value – never value on a £ per square foot basis – all the above points are hidden in the £psf rate
9. Tenure – Long lease (or ability to extend) / Freehold
10. Experience – Procurement – Go for the best advice, supply and knowledge base
First Floor Mayfair Apartments
Wetherell are instructed on 3 immaculate lifestyle apartments in two of the biggest Mayfair addresses of Mount Street and Charles Street.
Ranging in price from £5.5M, £6.75M to £15.95M all are interior designed and lifestyle choices with great outlooks.
Unmodernised Mayfair Properties
Wetherell are instructed on 3 unmodernised apartments in Park Lane, Upper Grosvenor Street and Charles Street with sizes between 2,000 and 3,000 sq.ft. Ranging in price from £6.5M, £6,75M and £7.75M some with views or outside space
There is currently the widest selection of Mayfair property available for quite some while – and what dows the consumer always ask for? – Choice.
There has never been a better time to buy Mayfair property:
Charles Street, Mayfair, W1J, £5,500,000
An elegant and newly refurbished First Floor two Bedroom apartment of 1,340 Square Feet within a period Portland stone building dating from 1900, with 12ft ceilings throughout and benefiting from a share of Freehold.
Upper Grosvenor Street, Mayfair, W1K, £6,000,000
A charming and archetypically ‘Mayfair’ apartment of 2,333 sq ft with great character and presence ideally positioned just along from Grosvenor Square.
Mount Street, Mayfair, W1K, £6,750,000
An elegant and newly refurbished two Bedroom apartment of 1,770 sq ft with four windows facing South over Mount street and towards Berkeley square.
Charles Street, Mayfair, W1J, £7,500,000
An unmodernised and very sizeable 3/4 Bedroom apartment with outside space and a share of the freehold.
Park Street, Mayfair, W1K, £6,750,000
A fantastic sixth floor apartment of 2,181 sq ft with views of Hyde Park in Fountain House which is one of the most popular portered buildings in Mayfair.
Charles Street, W1J, £15,950,000
The ultimate Mayfair lateral apartment. Positioned on the first floor of a hansom portered building toward the Berkeley Square end of Charles Street.